By Elizabeth Brown on May 22, 2013
Photo: Jodi Pudge
With fresh veggies, whole grains, healthy fats and lean protein, this salad has all the fit-girl favorites.
Ready in 20 minutes • Makes 1 serving
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup greens beans, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup whole-grain pasta
- 1/4 cup canned navy beans
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 romaine leaves, chopped
- 3 oz canned tuna
- 8 kalamata olives, halved
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Blanch green beans and corn. Set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook al dente, about 10 minutes.
- When pasta is done, combine with navy beans in a bowl and toss with vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place lettuce on a large plate and arrange the rest of the ingredients on top. Serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 410, Total Fats: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 26 mg, Sodium: 690 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 53 g, Dietary Fiber: 11 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 33 g, Iron: 5 mg