- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together almond flour, ground cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl. Mix in water, almond extract, agave syrup, mashed bananas, and vanilla bean paste. Add banana mixture to almond flour mixture; mix until no dry areas are visible. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake banana bread in the preheated oven until brown and crisp around the edges, about 45 minutes.
(About 4 servings, recipe created by Kalyn)Ingredients:
1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, (50-70 per pound)
(see instructions after the recipe if using raw shrimp)
1 cup celery, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup red bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup sliced green onion
2 avocados, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
1 T fresh lemon juice, to toss with avocado
1/2 tsp. salt for avocado (optional)
All Ingredients, All Organic, All the Time:
Sliced Red Onion
Mix it all up together and enjoy. Keeps in the fridge great too. Enjoy!
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce (wheat-free tamari – not paleo but i’m not that type “A”….)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
3 slices of thick cut bacon
1 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and cleaned, then cut in half
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Prepare sprouts and set aside. In a large cast iron skillet sauté bacon on medium heat until just cooked and crisp. Remove bacon. Add sprouts to cast iron skillet with bacon grease and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place skillet in preheated oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While sprouts are cooking cut bacon into pieces. Add bacon to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until browned.
Peel sweet potatoes. Cut into bite sized pieces. Put 2 TBSP of coconut oil in a pan and melt it on medium heat. Once the oil has melted, put the sweet potatoes in the pan and stir to coat with coconut oil. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir. Place a lid on the pan and turn the heat down to low. Continue to cook for another 4 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Turn the heat off but keep the pan on the burner. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with agave nectar (or other sweetener). Stir. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy.
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 TBSP Agave Nectar
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
2 cups frozen sliced bananas (about 2 to 3 bananas)
2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 cup coconut milk (canned) or almond milk
¼ to ½ cup ice cold water
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup ice cubes
½ tablespoon honey (optional)
Add all ingredients to blender and process until smooth. For the water, add ¼ cup first and blend. If you prefer your smoothie thick then the ¼ cup should be fine. If you prefer it a little more smoother then add an additional ¼ cup and blend. Serve immediately and enjoy!!